Media Player Classic Homecinema
Video playback software that supports many file formats
- Category Players
- License Free (GPL)
- Version 1.7.7
- Size 10.7 MB
- Works under Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows ME / Windows 98 SE / Windows 98
- Language English
- Program by Gabest
Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a media player that uses fewer resources and takes up less of your valuable memory/storage space, making it a great alternative to other players.
If you spend a lot of time on YouTube and other video sharing websites, you may forget that you even have a media player. Those sites come with a built-in player that lets you adjust the volume, watch videos in a full screen format, share videos on social media sites and even leave behind comments. When you come across videos on other sites though, you may find that those videos require a media player to watch those clips. Media Player Classic Home Cinema is an open source piece of software that works with videos you see online as well as clips you save on your computer and discs you insert in your disc drive.
You can choose between a 64-bit version or a 32-bit version, depending on the operating system you use. Setting up the software is easy and should only take a few minutes, and you'll find that you can easily watch videos via the software. Though it does come with some advanced settings, it may take some trial and error and experimentation before you understand what those settings do and how you can change each one. You may not like the way the interface looks and the limited options available for customizing that interface too.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema is one of the few pieces of software that functions as both a media player and a DVB player. This lets you use the player in the same way that you would a digital television. The software actually lets you scan the available digital signals available to watch television on your computer. Keep in mind though that you'll only have access to the digital channels available in your area and that you may need cable service in your home.
When watching live television on your computer, you can actually use Media Player Classic Home Cinema as a digital recorder. It lets you pause live shows when you need to use the restroom or want to grab a snack, and you can even record shows to watch them again later. Despite a clunky interface and some limitations in regard to live TV, Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a great alternative to other media players.
- Functions as a media player for watching online and offline videos
- Works as a DVB player for watching live TV
- Can pause, fast forward and rewind live shows
- Lets you record digital shows for watching later
- Setup takes just a few minutes
- Clunky interface that looks a little outdated
- Using and changing advanced settings will require some trial and error
- Limits the ways you can customize the interface
- Live television features have some limitations
- Can only access certain digital signals and channels